A pre-requisite for compliance with the regulations of the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is the determination of your hazardous waste generator status. And though their identification of the status may differ from the USEPA, the same is true of the regulations of States with authorized hazardous waste programs. Since your compliance with the applicable regulations will differ depending on your generator status, the incorrect calculation of your status could result in a ‘domino effect’ of non-compliance that can snowball into huge fines. Unfortunately, the calculation can be difficult and will require an awareness of the regulatory requirements of the USEPA and your State, if necessary. This article will contain links to all related articles on this topic and other support documents.
- Take this survey: Determine Your Hazardous Waste Generator Status
- A Closer Look at the Terms Used in the Determination of Your Hazardous Waste Generator Status
- Determining Your Hazardous Waste Generator Status Based on the Accumulation of Hazardous Waste
- Determining Your Hazardous Waste Generator Status Based on the Generation of Acute Hazardous Waste
- Satellite Accumulation of Hazardous Waste and Determining Hazardous Waste Generator Status
- Container Weight and the Calculation of Hazardous Waste Generation