The following wastes are prohibited from landfill disposal under Part 115 of Act 451:
- Used oil
- Whole tires
- Liquid waste. Liquid Industrial Waste is subject to strict regulation in Michigan.
- Returnable beverage containers. Find a designated collection site and make some money on your returns!
- Lead acid batteries. Manage pursuant to Part 111 of Act 451, R 299.9206(2)(d), if reclaimed.
- Yard clippings. For disposal options, search the MDEQ website for registered composting facilities.
- Medical waste. A universal waste in Michigan.
- Asbestos unless the landfill meets specific federal requirements.
- Empty drums unless crushed.
- Hazardous waste from Small Quantity Generators (SQG) and Large Quantity Generators (LQG) of hazardous waste. Waste from a Conditionally Exempt Small Quantity Generator (CESQG) of hazardous waste is OK.
- Low level radioactive waste.
- PCB waste unless the landfill meets specific requirements.
For more information about wastes banned from landfill disposal in Michigan: MDEQ Prohibited Wastes.
|Daniels Training Services815.821.1550Info@DanielsTraining.comhttp://www.danielstraining.com/|
Interested in more? Register now for my Training Seminar (USEPA Hazardous Waste & USDOT HazMat Transportation) in Detroit on April 23, 2015!