Do you need to train employees hired after I’ve completed Onsite Training?
…I can help.
What is Self-Guided Training?
Self-Guided Training is a package of training materials you purchase from me for one flat fee and then use to train the employees who were not available at the time I conducted Onsite Training. This package of materials (see below) will include everything you need to bring new hires or employees with new job responsibilities into compliance with the training requirements of the PHMSA/USDOT @ 49 CFR 172, Subpart H and those of the USEPA (and your State) @ 40 CFR 265.16.
How does Self-Guided Training work?
Though not required, it works best if the Self-Guided Training package of materials is purchased after I have had an opportunity to conduct Onsite Training at your facility. This gives me an opportunity to fully refine the training materials to include just the information your employees need to know. I can also ensure that I have the necessary site-specific information to make the training relevant. Once you’ve bought it, then it is yours to use as you wish, for as long as you wish.
Please note the situations where having your very own training program may be of great benefit to you:
- USEPA requires initial training for Hazardous Waste Personnel within six months of new hire or new job responsibility per 40 CFR 265.16(b) and an annual review thereafter per 40 CFR 265.16(c).
- PHMSA/USDOT requires initial training for HazMat Employees within 90 days of new hire or new job responsibility per 49 CFR 172.704(c)(1)(ii) and full training thereafter at least once every three years per 49 CFR 172.704(c)(2).
How much does Self-Guided Training cost?
The cost is the same as that for Onsite Training: a flat fee of $1,999. That may sound like a lot, but it becomes a much better deal when you consider the number of times you will be able to use it to ensure compliance with the training regulations of the USEPA and the PHMSA/USDOT.
What does Self-Guided Training include?
It contains everything you need to provide high-quality training to your personnel to ensure compliance with the regulations of the USEPA (and your state) and the PHMSA/USDOT, including:
- The Power Point presentation itself (as a pdf) with speaker’s notes filling in any gaps left by the slides.
- Sign-in forms, records, and all the documentation necessary to record the training.
- Quiz used to demonstrate awareness of the regulations by the trainee.
- Support documents used to enhance the training (these will depend on your specific training requirements).
How do I schedule Self-Guided Training?
The first step is to contact me to schedule Onsite Training so I can begin the process of learning about your facility and your operations. When at least one Onsite Training session is complete, we can discuss your needs for creating a package of Self-Guided Training.
Advantages to Self-Guided Training:
- You own the training materials, created by me. You are free to use them to train your employees at your site for as long as you wish.
- The entire training package is available for one flat fee.
- The training is site-specific. This is especially true if it follows a round of my On-Site Training where I am able to learn more about your operation and include pictures to enhance the presentation.
- Training documentation, tests, sign-in forms, etc. are all provided for your use.
- Free to train your employees on your schedule.
- Significant long-term savings by providing the training yourself, at your location.
- Can easily be integrated with on-the-job training if you deem it necessary.