On April 29th, 2016 the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality (MDEQ) launched its new Drug Disposal Web Page for businesses and citizens of Michigan. It includes:
- Locations and information on drug “takeback” activities throughout the state.
- Provides information for the healthcare industry on proper drug disposal.
- Drug disposal options for both households and non-households, i.e. commercial or industry.
- Universal Waste Guidance in Michigan. Why? Because Michigan is one of only two states – what up Florida? – that allows disposal of pharmaceuticals as a universal waste. View my presentation on this topic: The Identification and Management of Universal Waste in Michigan.
Unwanted drugs should not be flushed down the drain!
More on Michigan:
- A good summary of hazardous waste generator requirements in Michigan
- The Solvent Contaminated Wipes Rule in Michigan
- Wastes Banned From Landfill Disposal in Michigan
- Keep up-to-date: Subscribe to the MDEQ Environmental Assistance Bulletin
- Like free? Free energy and waste assessment for Michigan small businesses
- Uncertain of your compliance? Check out the Michigan Environmental Audit Privilege and Immunity Law
Contact me with any questions you may have about the generation, identification, management, and disposal of hazardous waste
Daniels Training Services